Wednesday, 28 August 2013
THE POWER OF BOOKS
‘’You are the same person that you will be five years from now, except for the books you read, the people you interact with and the information you can access and receive’’……. Charlie Jones.
• The greatest university of all is the collection of books, books are the best source of acquiring knowledge, the books you read changes your perspective about life, the types of books you read is what shapes your life; Thomas Carlyle posits ‘’ what we become depends on what we read”. Socrates also advised, ‘’ employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. Charlie Jones says ‘’you are the same today that which you are going to be in five years from now except for two things; which are- the people with whom you associate with and the books you read; the books you read goes a long way to tell the level you want to reach in life; Ben Carson, a world renowned neurosurgeon observes, ‘’ if we commit ourselves to reading, thereby increasing our knowledge, only God limits how far we can go in life’’ .If you want to be acknowledged in life, then you need to add knowledge by reading. Until you start reading, you’re not yet ready to be a product and leader of your destiny.
• In the school of success, information is the greatest asset, you can assess information through reading, not just reading any book but books that motivates and compels you to greatness. Reading makes a man full, but the absence of it makes a fool out of someone. Reading makes one current and only current people makes and accumulates the currency of life.
• Exercise only shapes our body, but books shape our life. A mirror shows us how we look, but books shows us how the world looks. Those who eat so much enriches their toilets, but those who reads so much enriches their future. Spending one hour thirty minutes watching movies or football will make your life to stop moving and make a fool out of you. What you know is better than who you know, who you know may disappoint you, but what you know can rarely fail you.
• Success in life is less determined by one’s paper decree but the decree of one’s knowledge; learn to read books, so as to increase your knowledge, feed your mind with meaningful books. If you wish to affect others, dare to become a better person by making books your companion; readers are leaders; when you have much knowledge stocked in you, you become a counselor, advising people on what to do, people will always come to you for advise; you’ll be like an immortal amongst mortals.
• You can just start now by grabbing a copy of a good book and start immediately; read, acquire more knowledge and be a resource person who communicates the ideas and thoughts of great achievers of past and present ages. Remember, all human problems does not require praying and fasting, God gave us a brain for ideas and information, so that we can allow him to rest, what you do with your mind determines whether people will mind you. Books are like running brooks; people become interested in you when you have something that interests them.
• It’s time you walk into the bookshop and shop for your future, read books so as to book appointments with your destiny. Books have made many mortals immortals; many are long gone but yet still quoted and referenced. It’s time we go for books because we can’t go far without them. Consistently invest in personal education, invest your time and money in books compiled by respective individuals, get into the business of reading life transforming and motivational books, and you’ll be the picture of the books you read.